Monday, September 29, 2014

Poetic

I am a Military Brat

" My hometown is nowhere, my friends are everywhere. I grew up with the knowledge that home is where the heart is and the family...
Mobility is my way of life. Some would wonder about roots, yet they are as deep and strong as the mighty oak. I sink them quickly, absorbing all an area offers and hopefully, giving enrichment in return.
Travel has taught me to be open. Shaking hands with the universe, I find brotherhood in all men. Farewells are never easy.Yet, even in sorrow comes strength and ability to face tomorrow with anticipation...if when we leave one place, I feel that half my world is left behind. I also know that the other half is waiting to be met.
Friendships are formed in hours and kept for decades. I will never grow up with someone, but I will mature with many. Be it inevitable that paths part, there is constant hope that they will meet again.
Love of country, respect and pride fill my being when Old Glory passes in review. When I stand to honor that flag, so also do I stand in honor of all soldiers, and most especially, to the parents whose life created mine. Because of this, I have shared in the rich heritage of Military life."

Author Unknown



I find this beautiful. It's as moving as a priceless painting.
Every line of this, reminds me of a story I could tell. That is something I appreciate, because everytime I remember a place, person, or experience, I feel like I'm winning. Or better yet, I feel like I'm doing the Army justice. It becomes difficult to keep things straight, there's always new information flowing into my brain, when I reflect on the past, it feels worth it. Comes full circle for me. I love this poem for jogging my memory every time I read it.

My favorite line is "Yet, even in sorrow comes strength and ability to face tomorrow with anticipation", I firmly believe in finding the good in a situation. That simple concept helps me face my trials, it helps remind me to live positively. I love Andy Worhol's quote, "You have to be willing to be happy about nothing", as bad as the news gets, the possibility of more war, messy politics, remind yourself to reflect on the good even if it seems trivial compared to those complicated topics^.

Secondly, I love the part that mentions establishing roots and when the author says, "absorbing all an area offers, and hopefully, giving enrichment in return." Made me nostalgic for Italia today.


Arreviderci!

No comments:

Post a Comment